Thursday, February 5, 2009

Shrek Band Aid


So I've been off heavy cardio after having a nasty fall last week. I was holding my younger son and didn't see a step. I fell right off the step onto the sidewalk. Boy did that hurt! I didn't break my fall because I tried to protect my kid. He didn't get hurt but I ended up with a sprained ankle and some butt ugly bruised toes.

Anyway, just when my ankle started to improve and I was starting to look forward to bossing the StairMaster I hurt myself again! This time hubby went to kiss me and somehow his big toenail stabbed my second toe under my nail. Blood spurted from under my nail out onto the kitchen floor and I was crying like a baby! Worse though, was the pain! Hubby was nice enough to clean up the mess and get me to my chair where he promptly and tenderly bandaged me up with a Shrek Band Aid.

The good news is that the toe he managed to massacre is the one that has a nasty toenail fungus on it. It looks like I am going to lose the nail and hopefully there will be no more fungus among us. I just pray that the fungus didn't spread to his nail!

So I hobbled my way to my son's school this morning and every single step hurt, but hey at least I got some exercise in! Hopefully tomorrow it will feel better!

Today's menu so far:
Breakfast: Muesli bar & yogurt
Morning Snack: Pancake with yogurt & Nutella. Watermelon
Lunch: Sauteed Sweet Chili Prawns on tossed salad. Ciabatta with olive oil and dukkah.
Snack: TBD
Dinner: Scotch Fillet with diced potato, capsicum & broccoli. Ciabatta with olive oil and dukkah.

No comments:

Post a Comment