Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bubbles


I used to drink a lot of Coke, Pepsi and the like. I gradually switched to diet and eventually to Coke Zero and Pepsi Max. As of late though, my carbonated beverage of choice is soda water with a slice of lime. I have gotten so used to not having any sweetness in my drinks that it is a bit of a shock to my palate to drink a fully-sugared or artificially sweetened beverage now. Last week in the Executive Lounge at the Marriott in Sydney I opened what I thought was a Pepsi Max. I had a serious sweet craving and really didn't want to eat anything so I thought I'd make do with the Pepsi Max. Anyway it turned out to be a regular Pepsi and I almost spit it out since it was like drinking liquid sugar. I promptly set the bottle aside and sought out a soda water. Ahhh, that was much, much better -even without lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment