Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Progress finally!

For the whole month of January I only lost one measly pound. February has come along and BAM the weight is finally coming off again! I worked hard in January on portion control and exercising but I guess not hard enough. Of course the weekends as usual were quite a bit damaging, but at least I didn't gain weight like I did over the winter. (Australian winter, that is.)

So here I am reflecting over the last 24 days and thinking WOW! I managed to lose one pound per week so far this month (my best month ever) which puts me at 15 pounds down or 25% of the way DONE! My goal is to lose 60 pounds. The biggest thing I've changed this month is I have increased my strength training and I have switched up my cardio routines to include new equipment that I never used before. I also have started consciously eating less processed foods. I never ate that many to begin with, but I think every bit helps. I hardly ever feel bloated anymore after meals which I think is because I am not eating a lot of refined carbs. I still have trouble with the weekends, but I trade off and do one or two days during the week at pretty low calories -usually on my day off from heavy cardio or weights. I never actually have a full day off because I have to walk everywhere and that counts too!

Many months ago I promised myself a new purse once I hit the 25% mark. I am moving back to America in about 6 weeks so that new purse will be one of my first purchases! Things are just so darn expensive in Australia that I can't justify buying one here. I can't decide between Coach or Burberry.

I will give myself another big present when I am halfway there at -30lbs. In the meantime I think I'll give myself some small gifts when I hit -20lbs and -25lbs. Maybe a few new lingerie pieces or a new belt -something that I'll need being a bit thinner.

1 comment: