Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday

My morning:

I woke up about 5Am and couldn't fall back asleep so I stayed in bed until about 7:00. At some point hubby must've woken up and went downstairs because I had the bed all to myself. I didn't want to disturb him if he was sleeping downstairs. Sometimes Alex gets up in the night and moves to the living room. Jason will normally hear him and go with him so he's not alone.

I've been having nights now and then where I just can't fall asleep and then I wake up too early and can't get back to sleep easily. I think it has something to do with the horrible mattress we have in the townhouse. It might also be because I haven't done as much heavy cardio lately due to my ankle and exploding toe. (see my earlier post about the band Aid) Anyway, today I am back on track with the excercise so hopefully good sleep will follow!

I've already logged about 65 minutes of walking today. I walked Alex to school and then I walked to the grocery store on my way home. Just before lunch I had a rental car to return and instead of taking the bus home from the Budget I opted to walk through South Melbourne and get some sushi for lunch.

Later I have to walk to get Alex and then he and I will walk to get Toby so I have at least another hour of exercise today. I can't wait to log all my walking and see how many calories I burnt today!

The bushfires have really been on my mind today. The mood at Alex's school this morning was very somber. I got the feeling that lots of people knew people who were directly affected. The principal announced at the assembly that there will be a fundraiser planned for the victims. He also offered the school's counseling team to any parent, student or community member who might need some help dealing with the disaster.

Today's menu so far:
Breakfast: yogurt, fruit and a muesli bar
Snack: Oatmeal crackers w/hummus, an apricot & herbal tea
Lunch: Seaweed salad, 2 sushi rolls & a skinny latte
Dinner: Mango Chicken Curry with couscous or rice

No comments:

Post a Comment